Search this blog

09 May 2008

Wishing you a very Happy Birthday

The new challenge on Layers of Color is to use embossing & the challenge on Arty Girls this week is 3d, so I have combined these two challenges for this greetings card.

As it is my Father’s birthday next week, I wanted to make him a very special card. So this is for him, made with much love. I hope he has a wonderful day.


The papers used are by K&Company (Verbena Gold Daisy/Peabody Green & Brown Patterned) & the stamps by Anna Griffin.

I stamped the frame image onto the Peabody paper using clear Versamark ink & heat embossed with gold powder. I cut an x shape into the middle of the frame & folded the edges under. I trimmed the excess paper away before sticking the edges down.

I stamped the butterfly image onto a piece of green textured card, using clear Versamark ink. I then heat embossed with gold powder. I then stamped the butterfly onto the Verbena paper, twice, heat embossed & cut around the images. The two butterflies were shaped using a dry embossing tool & layered onto the base butterfly image, using silicone glue. I added a couple of gold peel offs as accents.

I punched four flower shapes using a Woodware paper punch. They were shaped using a dry embossing tool & adhered to the edge of the frame using silicone glue.

The text stamp was stamped onto a piece of green textured card & heat embossed. It was edged with a Krylon 18ct gold leafing pen. It was mounted with 3d foam over green organza ribbon.

20 comments:

  1. WOW Daisy this is stunning!!!

    Thanks for joining in with Arty Girlz once again xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. this looks really great! a wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow daisy what a beautiful card so stylish.
    Thanks for joining in with the Arty Girlz challenge.

    crissi xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning card, fabulous colours

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab card daisy - your dad will love it xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Daisy, this is very beautiful. I am sure he will love the card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How incredibly delicate and pretty this card is. I just keep enlarging the photos to see all of the fine work that you've done...absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this card Daisy, beautiful colouring, a really classy card :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. brill card daisy - bet your dad will love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a lovely card Daisy! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow this is stunning. Amazing card.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, Daisy! what a magnificent card! The love you put into it really shines! Tell your father, Happy Birthday from me!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Daisy, this is sooo elegant - love the 3D-effect of the little butterfly !

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a lovely card - love the papers and the butterfly

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you all for your comments xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. A beautiful, beautiful card!!! I think that'll be another one needing a frame!! x x x

    ReplyDelete
  17. great great card ! love the butterfly 3D !

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is just beautiful! The embossing really adds a wonderful affect to the card!

    ReplyDelete