Search this blog

01 May 2008

Storage Solution

I need storage for all the Artist Trading Cards that I have made recently, so I made a box to keep them in.


I cut six pieces of mountboard & covered all the sides with paint. Once this had dried, I made the holes with my Bind-it-All machine by Zutter. I then embellished them with stamped images by

Ann Griffin (backgrounds & butterfly)
Crafty Individuals (large heart)
elusive images (art)
Tim Holtz (girls)

I used Distress Inks (broken china, weathered wood & fired brick) & a blue pigment ink pad (origin unknown). I coloured the Grungeboard lettering with the same inks together with Adirondack’s Acrylic Paint (cranberry). The Grungeboard shapes on the lid were coloured with gold pigment ink.


I used two heart stamps by Magenta & stamped onto pale blue patterned card (a download from Funky Fairy) with Distress Ink (fired brick). I cut out the shapes & used a Woodware funky heart punch. These were added to the mountboard.

I used a white opaque pen by Inkssentials to add further detail to the stamped images.


The lid was edged with a Krylon 18ct gold leafing pen.

The box was assembled by tying ribbon through the holes. The ribbon is from a Lisa Bearnson kit & from Joanna Sheen.


Now my ATCs have their own beautiful home to live in & I will have inspiration every time I look at it.

23 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh what a stunning creation. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowee!!! What a stunning project and a fantastic home for your atc's. great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous!!! A really lovely home for your ATCs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous box Daisy, I love it! Can you make some more only about ten times larger? Well I need something to store all my rubber stamps in.

    AngelaC

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for your comments xx

    You've got a good idea there Angela. Make a box & stamp the images on the outside of the stamps that you keep inside. Then you'll know where to find them :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. this looks really great!fantastic artwork!

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a great project!!! it looks fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I saw this box earlier today Daisy and a 2nd look just confirms how very lovely it is! No wonder you find inspiration looking at it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the colours daisy - great idea for atc storage xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow this really is a work of art - just beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a gorgeous box Daisy. I love the fresh look to it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very practical & pretty box. Good sturdy construction it will certainly last you many years.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous box daisy. Well done you!
    :-) xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Daisy! Thank you so much for your sweet comments on my blog! I'm delighted to have found yours! Full of beautiful art and inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my goodness! However long did these take you??? A labour of love that is unbelievably beautiful. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful box Daisy........must have taken you ages!

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW! Daisy you are so clever!!! I really love it! it's gorgeous!
    Love Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  18. wow Daisy i love your box the colours are fab and love how the red just pops stunning!

    Thanks for joining in with the Arty Girlz challenge

    Crissi xx

    ReplyDelete