Search this blog

24 May 2008

After the rain

The challenge on Layers of Color is to make an umbrella for our project. I have made an Artist Trading Card.


The mountboard base was coloured with Distress Inks (tattered rose, antique linen & milled lavender). I used a clear stamp by Claritystamp, inked with Distress Ink (peeled paint) to decorate the corners. I then triple embossed using clear VersaMark Ink & clear embossing powder.

The lady is printed from a copyright-free graphics cd from Crafty Computer Paper.

I made her an umbrella from a semi-circle of pink cardstock, which had been stamped in black ink with the same clear stamp. The top of the umbrella was cut using deckle edged scissors. I made a handle from gold wire & beads.


I used Glossy Accents to highlight the flower in her hair. I also used it on the bottom of her dress & umbrella to make it look like she had been caught in a shower of rain.

11 comments:

  1. Amazing artwork Daisy!!! Fabulous details on the umbrella and the skirt! Wow, it's very beautiful! I'm tickled that you tried my tutorial and joined our challenge. It brings joy to my day!

    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. daisy - what can i say? i'm lost for words!!! i love that umbrella so much - i love the water on her dress - infact - i love it all xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its gorgeous, love all the details.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh WoW!!! It's wonderful! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A stunning ATC Daisy love how you've created it xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely ATC Daisy, Love it......despite the pinkiness :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just beautiful. Lots of clever technique. (I have so much to learn!)Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  8. great artwork ! the umbrella and the dress are fantastic !

    ReplyDelete
  9. really great and so much details!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so great - I love that umbrella! :)

    ReplyDelete