Search this blog

10 May 2008

Mothers

The challenge this week on Make a Moo or Two is Mothers.


I typed up words which described the wonderful attributes of my Mother & printed this onto paper from the Shabby Princess Shabby Mommy range.

I then dry brushed acrylic paint over the top to soften the background. I used an emery board to distress the edges to remove some of the print & paint.

I tore a couple of strips of the paper & aged them with Distress Ink (antique linen) & added them to each moo. I used a small Sugarloaf Morsel stamp from their Vintage Collection to overstamp the background, using Distress Ink (walnut stain).

The moos were edged with Distress Ink (walnut stain).

I cut out four flowers, using a Woodware paper punch. They were edged with Distress Ink (walnut stain) & using the same ink, I stamped another Morsel image in the middle of each flower. I shaped them with a dry embossing tool & put gold Stickles in the centres.

The images are from photographs of my Great-Grandmothers. They were edged in Distress Ink (walnut stain) & then the image outline faded using a eraser.

I love working with old family photographs & really enjoyed making these. Great theme.

17 comments:

  1. Stunning moos!!! Love the images and your background is absolutely fab!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, they are stunning moo´s. Love them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so in-love with these moos!! Totally gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. fabulous moo's!! love the images too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, they are incredible - great moos...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your moo's are gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. They're gorgeous! :)

    Vanessa.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow gorgeous Moos! Love them both.

    ReplyDelete
  9. fab moos daisy - brill they are personalised xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. really beautiful !!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete