Search this blog

16 June 2008

A Real Challenge

I have combined the last five Artist Trading Card challenges set by Leonie into one.

Recollection & Receipts - Memorabilia gathered from my trip to Italy in March this year.
Chop & Change - the images were cut up & relaid as mosaic.
Tone on Tone - Grey on Grey.
Masking - rubber stamps inked with clear VersaMark ink, embossed with clear powder & inked over with black ink to reveal the images.
A Touch of White - the torn edges, the eyelet & ribbon.


I inked two Non Sequitur stamps (Italia banner & cancellation stamp) with VersaMark & stamp a piece of white cardstock. The images were covered in clear embossing powder & then heat embossed. I then coloured the cardstock with black ink, using a small piece of Cut n Dry foam, which gave a grey tone, rubbing over the embossed areas to reveal the images beneath.

I made a small collage from copies of tickets & bits collected on my trip. They were altered to grey scale before printing out.

I then cut up the cardstock & stuck the pieces onto a white mountboard ATC sized base, which had been coloured with black ink. I added an image of a boy playing S-Cianco, from a leaflet I collected. They were playing this in Verona on the day I arrived.

I stamped the cancellation image again over the top, in black ink. Finally, I added a white eyelet & ribbon.

It's a great memory of my trip.