Search this blog

06 June 2008

Painted Puzzle

I’ve been playing with paint, inspired by the challenge on the Arty Girlz blog.


The jigsaw puzzle piece was coated with pale green paint (found lurking in the garage). Once dry, I applied Adirondack Acrylic Paint (Lettuce) through a dotty template (which I made using a Crop-a-dile). I then added further colour by dry brushing.
I stamped the text stamp by Crafty Individuals, using Distress Ink (peeled paint).

The two grungeboard elements were coated in the lettuce acrylic paint & a silver 3d acrylic paint by Reeves. I added Perfect Pearls (Green Patina) over the green piece.

The two metal charms were coloured silver using a Krylon silver leafing pen & then a hint of Adirondack Alcohol Ink (Lettuce) was added to their wings.

Two eyelets were added to the top & bottom. Ribbon tied through the top & green cord with a silver Tibetan bead secured through the bottom eyelet.

Two silver brads were coloured with the lettuce alcohol ink & added

The whole puzzle piece was then edged with the silver leafing pen & a few blobs of Glossy Accents were added.


This altered jigsaw puzzle piece also fits two other challenges:-
My Time to Craft which is Brads & Eyelets
Wednesday Stamper which is Eyelets