Search this blog

30 June 2008

A cut above the rest

Leonie's Artist Trading Card challenge this week is Decoupage Delights.

Leonie challenged us to do something different, so I grabbed 5 sheets of
The Country Diary of An Edwardian Lady paper from a pad that was free
from Cardmaking & Papercraft magazine to make my own decoupage.


The base is the standard ATC size, with each layer being slightly smaller than the one below it. 

On the fifth layer I cut out the dragonfly & just used that as a feature.


The ATC was edged with my Krylon 18ct gold leafing pen & I added a touch of gold glitter to the flowers.

11 comments:

  1. fabulous :O) hard to tell on the first photo whether it goes in or out! xx what no muppets :O(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clever idea Daisy. I have those freebie papers too but haven't got round to using them yet. Must dig them out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea Daisy - this is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant Daisy - beautiful ATC!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely, lovely, lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Daisy

    Really love your atc... never seen this style before... my kind of decoupage! I'm not very good at fiddly snipping. I'm going to try this on my Christmas cards!!!!

    Karenx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning atc daisy / Love the pyramage and the gold leafing

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a great idea Daisy and you've chosen the perfect papers .... as always! Lovely piece of art. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is simply gorgeous!!! Love how you did the layers, I bet it's really pretty in person!!

    ReplyDelete