Search this blog

25 June 2008

Music House

I have taken up a new challenge from Dans ma maison to create a house on this week's theme of Music.


First I made a template, then cut out my first house using mountboard & covered it using altered sheet music & clear gesso.

For the windows I used two butterfly stamps from Crafty Individuals, which used sheet music as their background. I stamped on white card using Adirondack dye ink (Denim) & punched out an inch square from the image. I restamped the images & cut out the butterflies. I stamped the images again, but this time I heat embossed them using clear embossing powder, before cutting out the butterflies. The butterflies were attached using silicone glue.

For the roof, I used multicoloured fibres.

For the attic window, I punch a circle from the music sheet & stamped a clear miniature image from Claritystamp. I made some holes around the edge using a piercing tool & sewed on some rainbow glass beads with silver metallic thread.

For the front door, I cut a rectangle from the sheet music. I used a glass bead for the door handle & attached fibres to the reverse.