Search this blog

27 June 2008

All about Beads

The challenge theme on It's all About ... is Beading Beauties.


I made a template & cut out a heart from plain Grungeboard.

I painted it with acrylic paint (Cranberry).

Taking the template I pierced through the grungeboard
to make the pattern for my beads.

I took beading wire & threaded rocailles onto the heart.

The pair of wings are from a mini Grungeboard sheet.

I coloured it gold, then dry brushed a little of the acrylic paint over the top.

The base is mountboard, painted then edged with a Krylon 18ct gold leafing pen.

Some doodles, some gold Stickles, a strip of magnet along the back
& my beaded beauty was complete.

12 comments:

  1. Wonderful Daisy!

    Thanks for joining us again and it was good to see you in the chatroom last night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi

    Love it and the summer banner!
    TFS
    Carol :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. all I can say is Ma na ma nama Manama nam . Its a beauty Daisy enjoyed chating in the chatroom . I don't think we will be in tonight , I will pop in tommorow night at 8 and see if anyone is in
    Oh and thanks for taking part
    Love the playlist LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its beautiful Daisy - LMAO when I heard the muppets playing - nice to chat to you last night and thanks again for joining in with This Thursday

    ReplyDelete
  5. made me laugh with the muppets daisy - very you!!!! love your creation xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely daisy. The Muppets is one of my favourite shows - our first cat was called Fozzie! What happy memories that tune brought back! xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a lovely piece. The colors are gorgeous and the beadwork looks so intricate.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely beadwork, your work is so delicate - beautiful xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Time for the Muppets to say Goodbye LOL

    Thank you for all your comments xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh this is beautiful, I love it!

    Liz

    ReplyDelete