Search this blog

08 April 2008

Two of a Kind

The theme on Make a Moo or Two this week is Swirls and Flourishes.


I took a piece of coated white cardstock & stamped an Anna Griffin image using Versamark. Once this had dried, I took two Distress Inks (peeled paint & mustard seed) & using a brayer, I coloured over the card to reveal the stamped image. I used this to cover the mountboard bases.

I added a few small morsel stamp swirl images using the Distress Inks. Then I painted a thin layer of Adirondack acrylic paint (Lake Mist) across the whole surface, to give a more muted result. I added swirly vellum, images from an old family photograph & the letters to spell out dream & laugh.

10 comments:

  1. These are lovely, Daisy! Thanks for describing the process for your gorgeous backgrounds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love them Daisy! Nice subtle colours and great images

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow they are stunning. So gorgeous moos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are great Daisy! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these: The colours make a great mount for the heritage photos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. great moo :-) love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. fab Moo's love the backgrounds and the images you've used.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous Moos!!! ...and some fab techniques used to make them...they're great xx

    ReplyDelete