Search this blog

25 April 2008

je t’aime

The challenge theme on Arty Girlz was handmade backgrounds & on Wednesday Stamper the theme was insects.


I took a large blank jigsaw piece & covered it with acrylic paint. To create the background pattern I used a gingham stamp by CleverCut & my own handmade wiggly lines stamp. These stamps were inked with Distress Ink (aged mahogany) & randomly stamped over the jigsaw piece. My own stamp was then re-inked with black ink & again randomly stamped over the jigsaw piece.

The je t’aime stamp by Paper Artsy & the dragonfly image by Claritystamp were stamped using Archival Ink (Jet Black).

I re-stamped the PA image, once onto green paper & then yellow paper & cut out the letters. The green letters were covered in Glossy Accents.

I used Distress Inks to colour in the PA image (aged mahogany, peeled paint, mustard seed) & the dragonflies (weathered wood).

To highlight other areas of the stamped images I used 3d glaze pens from Sakura.


I added three green buttons by Lasting Impressions, to which I added gold metallic thread.

The jigsaw piece was edged with Distress Ink (peeled paint).

To make the hanger, I twisted craft wire around a piercing tool, threaded through another piece of straight wire & added a few transparent beads.

22 comments:

  1. Wow Fantastic!!!

    Thanks for joining in with Arty Girlz once again :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic i reall like this piece love your background and the stamps you have used.

    Thanks for joining in with the Arty Girlz challenge.

    crissi xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea to create a jigsaw piece. Love the muted colours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful, love the stamps :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. fantastic!! love the stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow this is stunning piece. Looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! great jigsaw piece, it's wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic, your jigsaw piece looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for visiting & for taking time to leave a comment xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your talent shines with creativity! Wonderful artwork!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful daisy :-) xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your blog is magnificent ! and I LOVE this "je t'aime", I used puzzle too ! Bravo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very beautiful ! Original work !

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very beautiful piece. Thank you for playing along with my challenge.

    ReplyDelete