Search this blog

27 February 2008

A Thank You Card

The theme at My Time To Craft this week is Things with Wings.

I watched Jill Tuck on television yesterday demonstrating the Moonshadow Inks & Spray Mists, so I decided to use mine for this challenge. I still had the papers from this weeks Skinny challenge to hand, so I combined the two to make a Thank You card.


I started by making the Moonshadow papers. I took a piece of textured card & did a wash with Buccaneer Bronze & then dabbed more splodges over the whole card. This was left to dry. Taking the wet brush, I used the leftover ink to cover a piece of plain white card. I put this to one side to dry.

Once the textured card had dried, I sprayed it with a mist of Buccaneer Bay Blue.

I inked a script stamp from Crafty Individuals with Archival Ink (Sepia) & stamped the image onto the dried plain card.

On a piece of watercolour card, I stamped the large dragonfly stamp by Elusive Images (from Graphicus) with Archival Ink (Jet Black). Taking a fine brush, I then coloured the dragonfly, again using Moonshadow. Once dried, I cut the dragonfly out & covered the back with walnut stain Distress Ink (as only the body & tail were to be attached to the script card).

The small dragonfly was stamped onto a small tag & set with a bronze eyelet.


I hope this image captures the magic of Moonshadow & demonstrates the different effects that you can create using them. Click on the image to see a larger picture.

I have also used this card for the Arty Girlz challenge this week.

21 comments:

  1. It's beautiful daisy - thank you for taking part in our challenge!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Daisy this is stunning work! The colours are gorgeous, everything about it is fab! Thanks for joining us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a beautiful card daisy...love the effects of the moonshadow inks ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the colour combo that you have used! by that way did you know your card also qualifies for the circles challenge over on Arty Girlz!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow stunning card. love the techniques you have used, and such a lovely colour combination.

    Thanks for joining in with the Arty Girlz challenge. I hope you can join in again soon.

    crissi xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those moonshadow inks make a lovely effect - really pretty Daisy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. a wonderful card in a great colour combination!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow this is so wonderful. Love the colors and the design.

    ReplyDelete
  9. a really beautiful card daisy xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful Daisy, I love it :-) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous colour scheme, great image. I am a very big CI fan.

    ReplyDelete
  12. catching up with all the blogs and all your latest projects Daisy are really lovely. All different in their own ways, very inspiring. Thank you. Denize x

    ReplyDelete
  13. gorgeous card, I love the butterfly :-)x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Daisy, this card is beautiful - love this little butterfly.. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabby card, love the brown and blue

    ReplyDelete
  16. The techniques you've used make a fab card! xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great techniques, great card

    Thanks for joining in with Arty Girlz :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful Card Daisy (beautiful name too, same as my stepDD) I also simply love those HOTP Papers you have used.

    ReplyDelete