Search this blog

14 March 2020

What if ?

Day 1 of 7
of Kasia Avery's
Soothe Me
art journal event.


I had already prepped my old typing manual pages
with a wash of diluted white gesso primer
by Daler-Rowney.

I splattered the background with
watered down Distress Ink
(in broken china & peeled paint).


I added my words with
my black Stabilo All pencil,
& then having sharpen the pencil
I sprinkled the black shavings over the page
then sprayed with a mist of water,
letting the inks & words run.

After drying with a heat gun,
I added a little more Distress Ink
in broken china,
Masté washi tape,
a date stamp
& doodled a border with
my black Posca Paint Pen.


On day one,
these two words were swirling
around in my head,
making me uncertain,
uptight & a little scared.

Seeing them written down on my page
& partially dissolved with water,
removed their potency.