Search this blog

16 March 2020

Daily Gratitudes

Day 3 of 7
of Kasia Avery's
Soothe Me
art journal event.


I had already prepped my old typing manual pages
with a wash of diluted white gesso primer
by Daler-Rowney.

I added torn pieces of already painted paper
from the same typing manual as my base pages,
which had been created to use up spare
Dina Wakley Media acrylic paints
(lemon/lapis with white gesso)
leftover from a past project.

I used
Faber-Castell Gelatos
(Chocolate/Limoncello/
Pistachio/Margarita Mix)
to add more colour.

Then I used my black & white Posca paint pens
& a gold Signo pen,
to doodled over the Gelatos.


Next I watered down some black acrylic paint
(from ecogreen crafts)
& splattered my pages
& my desk
& my computer screen ...

Once I had cleaned that mess up,
I added a small butterfly image
(already printed & cut out
from the Graphics Fairy),
some Masté washi tape
& a date stamp.


Day three I am grateful that I find peace
in time spent in my art studio
being creative.

I am grateful for the spirit of friendship & community
shown by my Instagram followers & those I follow.

I am grateful that at present my family is well.