Search this blog

16 March 2020

A Life full of Adventure

Prompt 7 for Dina Wakley's
Year of Gratitude
challenge is
Adventure.


Dina was encouraging us
to be adventurous,
to try something new.

At this very moment in time,
all I wish for is a very boring,
ordinary &
uneventful life,
however the world has different ideas.

So I adapted my approach for this journal page,
being as adventurous as I can
as faces are not my go to subject.

Four years ago, during ICAD
(the annual Index Card A Day event)
I worked through two of Dina's books,
Art Journal Freedom
&
Art Journal Courage.

I took inspiration from two of my index cards,
inspired by Art Journal Courage,
to make my own face stencil.

Then I used Dina Wakley Media
Acrylic Paint in Ruby & Lapis
mixed only with water
to add colour.

Words, as always, cut from an old novel.

I am working in a small
Black Cloth Hardback Sketchbook
by Seawhite of Brighton.

The paper is 140gsm.

You can see the two original index cards below.

Card 23
Card 29 - Listen to your heart