Search this blog

18 March 2020

Raw Emotions

Day 5 of 7
of Kasia Avery's
Soothe Me
art journal event.



I had already prepped my old typing manual pages
with a wash of diluted white gesso primer
by Daler-Rowney.

The three circles were drawn
with a black Posca paint pen.

Words were written
with a black Pigma Micron pen,
then rewritten over in a white Posca paint pen.

The circles were filled with torn painted paper,
mixed from Dina Wakley Media Acrylic Paints
(Ruby & Lemon) with white gesso on top,
then colour added to the rest of the page
with Tim Holtz Distress Crayons
(picked raspberry/spiced marmalade/mustard seed).

I am trying to use a different medium each day.

Then I added the date stamp.

Today we were suppose to let our emotions out.

No trouble there then.

They are bubbling there, just under the surface.

Raw & deep felt.

I am sad, because I saw my parents today,
unable to kiss or hug either of them
was just too painful.

I feel like the world is
spiralling out of control
& there is nothing I can do.

I feel helpless,
completely helpless.