Search this blog

17 March 2020

The flowers will bloom again

Day 4 of 7
of Kasia Avery's
Soothe Me
art journal event.


I had already prepped my old typing manual pages
with a wash of diluted white gesso primer
by Daler-Rowney.

I stamped a floral images
(which I think are by Dawn Bibby)
with black Archival Ink.

Added a layer of clear gesso
by Liquitex.

Added a wash of Pentel watercolour paints
in two different blues & white,
then with a wet brush,
removed some of the watercolour pigment
from the flower petals & leaves,
revealing the white page beneath.

Then I added some Posca paint pen doodling
& a date stamp.


Each day seems to be getting harder.

Each day that passes hurts a little more.

But my daffodils are in flower,
the tree blossom is about to burst open,
the gardens birds are singing cheerily
as nature continues oblivious to
our current situation.

One day at a time ...