Search this blog

28 March 2020

Under the Influence

Week 13 in my
Mellow Kraft
Journal
.


The journal prompts from France Papillon
throughout this month
are based on moodboards.


This week the theme was
influencers.


To be honest I did not understand
quite what France was aiming for with this prompt,
so I just took a wide jump in the general direction.


My four influencers are

Joseph Cornell
Ray Johnson
Kurt Schwitters
Andy Warhol


They are not really influencers,
but validators,
kindred art spirits.

They gave me permission to continue
creating art in my own style.


On my weekly journal page this week
there is patterned paper
from Glenda Waterworth,
Life's Journey Pansy paper
from K & Company,
a flower image from
The Graphics Fairy,
a label image from Joseph Cornell
& Tim Holtz Paper Dolls.


I used a dictionary definition,
words cut from an old novel,
printed text,
washi tape
& photo corners by Paperchase.


Finally a wandering path
made with a black Posca paint pen.

This week has been hard.
We were told to keep our distance,
preferably to just stay at home,
in an attempt to slow the spread of this virus.

If you read the dictionary definition
on my page of the word
influence,
wow, just wow.

To think that the current world situation
is down to just one person's actions.

That's what you call
influence.