Search this blog

30 June 2010

Dimensional Art Canvas

This week's project, inspired by Tim Holtz, was to alter a mini canvas using Grungeboard into a dimensional piece of art.


The canvas is 2 inches wide & 2¾ inches high.


Using the mini Grungeboard die-cut alphabet, I spelt out the word "Art" topping the T with a mini Grungeboard crown element.

To cover the Grungeboard & canvas, I turned to a couple of old telephone books & tore out sections containing the words Create & Art.

Using matte Studio multi-medium, I adhered the paper over the Grungeboard elements & canvas, finishing with a further layer over the top.


Once dried, I highlighted the raised areas with Distress Ink (broken china), Perfect Pearls (Blue Patina) & Distress Stickles (Broken China).

I edged the canvas with Distress Ink (peeled paint).

I used a few green dew drops as jewels on the crown & down one side, for added visual interest & balance.


The silver metal word charm was wrapped around the canvas using metallic blue & light silver thread.


To finish, I took another mini Grungeboard element, this time the wings. I cut the wings in half & coloured them with Distress Ink (peeled paint).

I added words from the telephone directory to write the phrase,

"Let Your Creative Wings Take Flight"

I coated the wings with the matte multi-medium & adhered them to the back of the canvas frame.



4 comments:

  1. fab daisy - i love your take on it! i was going to have a play at this this week if i ever get myself sorted!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks xx

    Look forward to seeing yours later this week ... I'll be checking!

    daisy xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh daisy, this is gorgeous. Love S xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tried this technique too! Love your mini canvas, full of details!

    ReplyDelete