Search this blog

11 June 2010

Steampunk Twinchie

The challenge theme over on the Small World of Inchies blog*
was to make an inchie or twinchie in the Steampunk style.

I created a twinchie (two inch square) as there were so many items I wanted to include.


Many of the images were found at The Graphics Fairy,
including the gentleman, moth, bicycle & clock face.

The steam train stamp & eye spectacles are from an Ephemera cd

The background was created using elements from a digital kit called Delicious Moments
from the Digital Scrapbook Place & a digital paper by The Angel Company.

Once printed out, the artwork was adhered to a mountboard base
& the edges were sanded.

I added Glossy Accents to the spectacles & train.

Then I attached cogs, screws & wire pieces from an old watch.


I enjoyed researching the Steampunk style
& seeing how I could create my artwork using what I had available.


* This challenge blog is no longer in existence.

10 comments:

  1. This is really clever, Daisy. I like how you've made the butterfly steampunk and masculine - no easy thing! This is a great twinchie, well done. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Daisy ... you always have the very best music!

    Love all your recent things. So sorry I haven't visited for a while I've had lots of "stuff" going on but things are settling down again, thank goodness!

    Hope you are having a lovely weekend
    Carolyn x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you ladies for stopping by & leaving such sweet comments :o)

    Take care Carolyn *hug*


    daisy xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love him!!! Steampunk is so perfect to show off the men and you did a fabulous job!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. great how you made it a hybrid , i love the watch pieces on it

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh daisy, I love this! It looks fantastic!! Love S x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Daisy I just love it! So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW Daisy - Steampunk! You are so trendy LOL. Fantastic work.

    ReplyDelete