My project this week was to alter a cd. I was inspired by the beautiful song of the blackbird outside my bedroom window this morning.
I covered both sides of an unwanted cd with patterned paper from K & Company. The papers are designed by Brenda Walton from her Maison range. I used a mini harlequin stamp designed by Tim Holtz to add detail around the edge. The wording is another of his stamps. The ink used is Distress Ink (walnut stain).
I used my own bird template to cut out my blackbird & punched two flowers using a Woodware paper punch. I added three old black buttons, tied with hessian fibre. The small epoxy sticker was made using a clear dome Papermania sticker with a scrap of the patterned paper. These add much needed dimension to the project.
I punched a hole through the top using a Crop-a-dile, which cuts through the cd with ease. I created hole protectors, from the patterned paper, using a small Woodware circle paper punch & the Crop-a-dile. To tie the elements together, I used more of the hessian fibre to form a loop through the top, in order that the project can be hung.
Now every time I look at this project, I will remember the beautiful sound that woke me from my sleep ...
As usual with all my projects, the back must look good too.