Search this blog

01 July 2010

Believe ...

This project is prompted by A Year in the Life of an Art Journal, where the current theme is Believe.

The technique to try was to wreck the page by using water. Fortunately for me, my handmade journal pages are made from watercolour card, so I was happy to oblige.


I took my two blank white pages, a craft sheet, four Distress Inks, pine needles, broken china, peeled paint & weathered wood (all blues & greens), a Mini Mister filled with water, a paint brush & a heat gun.


I pressed the ink pads on the craft sheet, then spritz with water, swooshed the papers in the inks, drying each layer with the heat gun until I got the desired effect. I added a little more broken china by flicking it on with a paint brush.


I composed my poem & printed it out on one of the dried pieces of coloured paper. I tore each verse out, thus "wrecking" my journal page & adhered the pieces on the remaining page.






I added glass dewdrops & a heart punched out from the spare paper.


To finish, I sanded the edges of the page to remove the ink, creating a white border.



Postscript
The prompt link no longer works because they deleted the original posting & replaced the technique to try to using squares of tissue paper instead.