Search this blog

19 July 2010

Mother Nature

This page layout in my altered book art journal was inspired by found words in the original printed text "Mother Nature".



I have used these pages to record copies of two previous projects, my first Mandala & my Fresh as a Daisy Stampbord twinchie, as well as my remaining inchie project, Earthworks from a couple of years ago.


The background pages were coated in gesso before being coloured with gold & green paints. The two found words were protected from the paint by drawing gum. There are a couple of stamped butterfly images hidden in the background.


I reproduced the word butterflies from my mandala project & punched three butterflies from a green skeleton leaf using a Woodware paper punch.


I added three small glass Glintz domes to add further texture.


One was placed in the centre of the Stampbord flower image.


For the other two, I used small images from an Eco Green Crafts collage sheet.


I spritzed a fine mist of water over the project, using a Mini Mister, before sweeping a brush of Perfect Pearls (Heirloom Gold & Green Patina), which highlights the background texture.


To finish, I rubbed a little gold Stickles around the page corners & inserted the top of the skeleton leaf to act as the page tab.