Search this blog

05 June 2015

ICAD Week 1

ICAD  is the Index Card A Day creative challenge, which runs for two months from 1st June.

I am posting my cards daily on Instagram, but only publishing a blog post once a week.

My index cards are 3" by 5"

Day 1
Creativity begins when you challenge assumptions
Day 2
Embrace the beauty of imperfection
Day 3
Beauty is the mystery of life.
It is not in the eye,
it is in the mind.
Agnes Martin

Day 4
Envelope unopened
Envelope opened revealing insert
Message on the reverse of insert
Day 5
He is a wise man who does not grieve
for the things which he has not,
but rejoices for those which he has.
Epictetus

I have decided not to make any over the weekends, so I am aiming on making just five each week.

I have used washi tape by Stampington,
white pigment ink Signo pen by Uni-ball,
black Pigma Micron pen,
Tim Holtz Pocket Cards,
Distress Ink (antique linen),
patterned fabric tape,
images by Jessica Sprague,
dymo tape, metal eyelets, staples,
page torn from on old English dictionary,
old map illustration from a 1928 edition of Philips' New Pocket Atlas of the World
& gift wrap paper by Cavallini Papers & Co Inc.