Search this blog

15 May 2015

The Sound of Laughter


This month's theme at The Documented Life Project is
Touchy Feely
(Texture)

The Art Challenge for
Week 19.  Stitching
& the Journal Prompt for
Week 19.  "All that I'm after is life full of laughter."


I started by painting a piece of burlap with white acrylic paint.

Once dry, I cut into a tag shape & stitched a border with blue thread.


My inspiration for this piece was taken from a piece of printed white grosgrain ribbon,
which had been attached to a pair of denim jeans.

My inspiration & some of my supplies
Using denim as my theme, I mixed watercolour paint with a blend of Golden Soft Gel Medium
& water, I used three colours to create a denim look to the background.


I started with Colbalt Blue,
then added Prussian Blue
& then finally a drop of Black.


Once this had dried thoroughly, I added a stitch doodle around the edges.


I added heart shapes cut from book text & an old denim shirt, then stitched on the buttons.

I couldn't find a quote that seemed right, so I wrote a few words about what laughter means to me.

The sound of laughter is like a babbling brook,



which dips and rises over the pebbles of life


and carries us along on our journey,


with joy in our hearts.