Search this blog

10 June 2009

With love ...

So the dilemma was what to make my Father for Father's Day this year. I thought long & hard without any inspiration, then it hit me. D'oh! So here it is.


I added a greeting onto my digital collage (full details of which can be seen here) & printed it onto canvas textured acrylic paper (300gsm).

The collage shows my Father's father, together with his two brothers & his parents (my Father's Uncles & Grandparents). It also includes his handwriting & signature on a postcard to his Mother.


After edging with my Krylon 18ct gold leafing pen, it was mounted first onto vellum, then gold mirror card before adding to the base white card.


I added three different coloured organza ribbons (green, gold & blue) to pick out the colours in the collage.

A very personal card just for my Father.

19 comments:

  1. What a fantastic idea, and amazing look you have created. It will mean so much to him, and bring back so many memories, it's truly beautiful......
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am just blown away by this card!! It show real imagination in producing a beautiful but relevant card for your father. I am sure it will be treasured as a wonderful addition to his "lifes memory box". A work of art made with love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so beautiful - a thing to be treasured!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this card is truely beautiful - i bet your dad will be so impressed and very touched that you've put so much thought into it xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, this is just wonderful, what a special gift for you father :) I usually end up buying my dad a book because I can never think of anything else.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you both - can't wait for him to see it now xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOWWWW
    What a creativity !!
    I think that your father ( when he sees it) will have A big smile on his face Daisy . What a treasure and fantastic gift !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Daisy, what a fantastic piece to give for Father's Day. I can't imagine anything that would mean more. It's beautiful and so personal.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful idea daisy. It's beautiful and I'm sure your dad will treasure it. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. How special and perfect!!! He will cherish it sweetie! Love, Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a wonderful card Daisy and I'm sure that your father will treasure it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Daisy, this is a truly inspirational and personal card that your Dad will always treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you all - I just hope he likes it as much as you guys xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a wonderful card daisy, it is great xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. What an exquisite gift. I'm sure your father will treasure it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you for all your comments.

    I saw my Father on Wednesday & he couldn't wait to open his card.

    He loved it & appreciated the work that had gone into making this very personal card.

    ReplyDelete