Search this blog

21 August 2008

Stampbord ATC

This is an Artist Trading Card using a piece of Stampbord as the main feature.


The ATC base is white mountboard coloured with Distress Inks (broken china & peeled paint). To make the background more muted, I covered it with a piece of script vellum secured with four gold eyelets.

The Stampbord was coloured using the same Distress Inks, then stamped with images from Elusive Images Flora & Fauna Collection, using Archival Ink (Jet Black). The centre of the petals were scratched off to reveal the white base of the Stampbord, together with outlines of the dragonflies.

The images were coloured in using Distress Inks (peeled paint & mustard seed), then I added a little doodling with my Inkssentials opaque pen.

For the finishing touches, I used my Krylon 18ct gold leafing to edge both the Stampbord & the ATC, then tied a piece of ribbon through one of the eyelets.

Glenda Waterworth has been running a competition on her blog to win some of her new Elusive Image stamps of the most fabulous bird images. I hope I am not too late to enter. See here for details.