Search this blog

25 January 2020

The True Secret of Happiness

Week 4 in my
Mellow Kraft
Journal
,
my art project for 2020.


I used torn dictionary paper,
words cut from an old novel
& printed text.

The patterned paper is K-ology Addison.


I used a Tim Holtz Paper Doll &
a Distress Marker (black soot).

The journal prompt this week
from France Papillon was
Now that ...


I chose to use a quotation by William Morris.


"The true secret
of happiness
lies in taking
a genuine interest
in all the details
of daily life.
"

I found the poem this week on display
in a hospital waiting room,
on a noticeboard about memory loss.


The butterfly & caterpillars were cut out
from this week's Waitrose & Partners
Weekend newspaper.

The illustrations are by
Ann Edwards.


Change is something that is inevitable
& whilst it may not always be welcome,
it should never be feared.


I also used a black Sakura Pigma Micron pen,
 & photo corners by Paperchase.

I am using Tim Holtz idea-ology kraft paper stash
for the bases of the
Art Journal Cards & Inchies.