Search this blog

21 September 2018

Art Jar: Start at the beginning

Art Jar {Self Edition} is a 13 week offering from Everything Art,
hosted by Eliza Trojanowska.

Each week, she shares an article full of prompts & ideas.

What we do with them is entirely up to us.

Although I have been following along with
her Wanderlust Mini Art Jars each month,
I was stumped as to how to translate these focused prompts
into a more formal process.

Then finally yesterday,
I decided that instead of a glass jar,
I would have an Art Box.


I used a very old box which once contained
a set of notelets & envelopes.

I rummaged through my scrapbook papers
& found some thick, slightly textured,
distressed looking cardstock from Crate Paper,
which I've had for years.

This one is called Clambake
from their Hampton Collection.


I covered the box
(after painting the edges)
lining the top section & bottom of the drawer with hessian.

I swapped out the white plastic drawer pull
for one of Tim Holtz metal Hitch Fasteners.

Then I realised that the small notebook I made in June,
(using images & instructions from Cloth Paper Scissors)
was a perfect match.

It is just the right size to sit in the top section,
whilst the bottom drawer can hold all the little bits
& pieces I want to use for this project.


I did plan to take the notebook on holiday with me
& prepped all the little inserts to go inside,
but it all stayed at home, unused.

I am so pleased.