Search this blog

27 September 2018

Art Jar: Rituals

The second week of  Art Jar Self - Edition
had prompts & inspiration from Eliza
to help us focus on our
rituals.


The printed quotation & tag
are by Hot Off The Press &
the flower & the blue postmaster label
are images from The Graphics Fairy.


I used DecoArt Americana acrylic paint
(Blue Neon & Pink Neon)
mixed with Daler-Rowney Gesso Primer
(White)
with splashes of Distress Ink
(dusty concord)
for the background.

Then Faber-Castell Watercolour pencils
around the edges.


There is Tim Holtz Design Tape,
a Tim Holtz Paper Doll,
text torn from an old dictionary
& printed text.

You can see details of how the journal was made here.

I always create with intention,
I probably spend equal amounts of time
enjoying the planning of my art
as I do in creating the final piece.

I am going back & forth with these pages
re-reading the prompts,
exploring the links Eliza provides,
as I listen to her playlist,
each time delving slightly deeper
into my thoughts
adding to my pages until I feel
I have reached a point to move on.