Search this blog

11 September 2018

A Simple List for September

This month's
To Do List
inspired by a regular feature in The Simple Things magazine.

Each month they publish a list of things to try.

I have taken their words,
(adapting them slighty)
typed them on background images
from Emily at Sweetly Scrapped
then adhered to Tim Holtz Resist kraft card.


Each card can be used
as a prompt to try something new,
to go on an adventure that month
or just spark your creative imagination.

The cards measure 7.5 cms by 5.5 cms
& they are kept together in an altered matchbox.

I thoroughly enjoyed writing poetry
every day last month.

I wrote a three lined non-rhyming stanza
in the format of 7-5-7 syllables
(an inverted Haiku if you like).

What I have now is a daily record
of a memory from each day
& whilst each stanza is wholly unconnected to another,
every one holds something meaningful to me.

So on to this month & I need to find a journal
to start recording my thoughts & ideas
& note down the changes to the season.

There are already a few dried leaves on the ground,
the temperature is cooler,
the breezes stronger
& dusk falls earlier each evening.