Search this blog

28 August 2018

What do you think?

A double page spread in my Wanderlust 2018 collage journal,
celebrating my love of the Tate galleries in London.

The first page uses a frame image from Eliza's Collage Collection,
which was part of the Early Bird Wanderlust 2018 course content.

Inside is a comment postcard from Tate,
pencil & word images from Eliza
with some washi tape.


I added gold & silver metallic rub-ons around the frame
& used a Faber-Castell watercolour pencil around the edge of the word
& on the tip of the image of the pencil.

The second page already had the thought bubble,
but I used black acrylic paint to block out the printed text.

Once dried, I added my own printed words inside.


Apart from the miniature collage,
all the other images are from Eliza.


The miniature collage is actually a Moo Business Card,
with a copy of a postcard collage I made over five years ago now.

It is held in place by two black photo corners.


Tate published my collage on their website
& you can see the original article here.

My inspiration was the Kurt Schwitters Exhibition,
held at Tate Britain &
the Roy Lichtenstein Retrospective at Tate Modern,
which I visited on the same day.

A little more washi tape, gold thread
with four more of Eliza's images
completes the spread.


I have been to many exhibitions at Tate Modern,
together with a six week evening course,
various talks
& took part in a project there a few years back.

All hold such precious memories for me.

Is there a gallery that
constantly inspires you?