Search this blog

14 August 2018

A Ramble through Time

Another page in my
Wanderlust 2018 collage journal,
this time inspired by Kasia's lesson.


The basis of the class was how to use inspiration
from a book in an art journal page.

Well, call me predictable,
but of course I had to use
Pride & Prejudice
by
Jane Austen.

This book has been my constant source
of creative inspiration for many years.

It is a story of human endeavour,
demonstrating the consequence
of making assumptions,
as we then follow the characters subsequent journeys
as they break down barriers of mistrust
to find love
& tearing down walls of deceit
to find truth.

Although written over 200 years ago,
the awkwardness of family relationships,
the complications in friendships
& the rush to form those hasty first impressions,
all have something important & relevant
to teach us today.


The base page is watercolour paper,
coloured with splashes of Distress Ink
(mustard seed, peeled paint & broken china).


The another page is one from my Wreck this Journal book,
which I have been using throughout the Wanderlust class this year. 

I used Eco-Crafts Acrylic Paint
(Pistachio & Waterfall)
with white gesso.

I used a rubber stamp from Papermania
over the dried surface
with Ranger Archival Ink
(Jet Black).

This page was then cut into panels
to fit my base page,
then edged with Distress Ink
(black soot).


There is also torn patterned vellum 
(also from Papermania)
some book text
& printed text.


The images of the lovely ladies
are all from The Graphics Fairy.


There is some old lace,
a few die cut hearts
cut from textural handmade paper
& a vellum sentiment from Sarah Lugg.

In all things of nature
there is something of the marvelous.
Aristotle