Search this blog

10 July 2018

Wilderness

This piece was inspired by the Wanderlust class by Stephanie Lee,
on our current theme of
Meadows.


For my version, I used a That's Crafty ATC Art Shrine.

These are made from 3mm MDF.

I covered it with torn & crinkled black tissue paper,
adhered with Mod Podge
& added a touch of black acrylic paint.


I composed my three dimensional scene,
using an image from The Graphics Fairy as my meadow background,
a bingo card image from Red Lead
& a Tim Holtz Paper Doll.

There are a few Clifden Nonpareil Moths,
using an image from The Graphics Fairy.


Two in the background &
 one suspended in mid flight
using lilac coloured cotton thread
& a Tim Holtz idea-ology Ring Fastener.

There is a piece of faux lavender
& a smudge of metallic rub-ons around the frame
to highlight the texture.


Finally, a few words cut from that old book of mine,
you know the one.

The finished piece measures approx. 12cm x 9.5cm x 3.5cm.