Search this blog

21 July 2018

Getting the Right Perspective

A double page spread in my collage journal
for the new Wanderlust 2018 theme,
which is

Hills &
Mountains.


I used two magazine images
& one of my own photographs
taken from the top of the hill
near where I live.


The butterflies & word label
are from Eliza's Collage Collection.

My own photograph at the bottom
There is also Tim Holtz Tissue Tape
Stabilo All Black pencil
& printed text (my own words).


The butterflies are in three different sizes
as a reference to Jamie's class this week.


I am working in spare pages
from my edition of Wreck this Journal,
keeping them clean & simple,
yet creating pages which provoke thought
& prompt memories.

When hills & mountains
appear in our life,
let's see what is waiting
for us at the top.

We just need to have
the courage to climb
the obstacles in front of us.

Once at the top
rest a while,
take time
to look around
& you may gain
a new perspective.