Search this blog

04 May 2018

Wishing with all my Heart

This is an impulse mixed media project,
made because I had an overwhelming urge to be creative.


I found a 3 by 4 inch canvas in my project box.

I had previously painted it pink, don't ask me why.

I took it back to my desk & added a rough coat of
DecoArt Media Black Gesso,
using a spatula.


Once dry, I picked up my paper scraps folder
from the floor next to my desk
& had a quick rummage.

My inspiration for this piece came from that folder,
the butterfly image, torn handmade paper, printed pattern paper,
corrugated card, the string,
including the precut image of the girl,
which for some reason had been discarded


I turned to my copy of Pride & Prejudice
for the focal words 
& finally added leaf metal fragments by Eberhard Faber.

Where did you find your creative inspiration today?