Search this blog

31 October 2017

Wanderlust Mixed Media Art Journal Lesson

The Wanderlust class a few weeks ago
was with Marta Lapkowska.

We created a mixed media art journal page.
Marta used an old book for her lesson,
but I used a booklet that was recently put through my letterbox.


I tried to follow along with Marta,
being brave & copying her style.


It felt uncomfortable.


Not my normal style or method of working.


There is a long list of materials,
so I hope I have remembered everything.

Liquitex Clear Gesso
Golden White Gesso
Ranger Texture Paste
Dina Wakley Media Stencil (Cellular)
Matte Mod Podge

Tim Holtz Distress Inks
aged mahogany
antique linen
black soot
brushed corduroy
mustard seed
walnut stain

Lindy's Stamp Gang Moon Shadow Mist (Buccaneer Bronze)

Old pieces of lace, fabric & organza ribbon
wooden butterfly shapes
a white paper flower
white cotton thread
abaca ribbon
& white string

Ranger Liquid Pearls (White Opal)
Tim Holtz Distress Crayons

The butterfly image (from a collage sheet by Everything Art)
is one I had already printed off.
It is covered with Ranger's Glossy Accents.


I am not that happy with the final result,
but I enjoyed the process
& watching Marta's video lesson.