Search this blog

26 October 2017

SoulBook - Part Two

Following on from yesterday's blog post,
below are a few more photographs
showing the progress as I continue to create my SoulBook,
as part of the SoulBook Gathering event organised
by Brave Living.

First up is the front cover.

I wanted to honour the origin of the structure of my book,
which was made from cardboard postage boxes
from the Brave Girls Club.

I used a piece of silk screen printed vellum,
so that I could still see the original artwork through it.


I left a free edge so that I can lift the vellum to see the artwork underneath.


I have also begun work on the introduction page,
with a few more elements cut from the boxes.


I hope you enjoyed this peek into my creative process.

I'll write another post once I have completed the whole book.

Meanwhile, if you want to join in, it's not too late,
just pop over to their website for all the details
or their Facebook Group.