Search this blog

28 June 2017

Playtime

Week 25 on the Wanderlust online course had a technical lesson
by Jamie Avery on using metal,
whilst Kasia's lesson was using air dried clay
to create a tile reinforcing our course values from January.

My three words from January were

play
refine
develop

I picked the shortest to fit onto my tile.



Once kneaded, I used a wooden rolling pin to roll out my clay,
then pressed in some Tim Holtz Grungboard letters to spell my word.

I also used a K & Company key
& some old lace
& an embossing tool to make indents into the soft clay.

Once dried, I added colour.
I used
Tim Holtz Distress Inks (broken china/peeled paint/weathered wood)
Dina Wakley Media Glazing Medium
Ranger Perfect Pearls
Uni-ball Signo Permanent Ink pens (Gold/White)

I think next time I will gesso my piece before adding the colour,
as most of it has absorbed into the clay.

Also my tile was too thin & indents dried too small
to add the other items I really wanted to include,
to make it a truly mixed media piece.