Search this blog

26 March 2016

Growing in Resilience

The Alpha Challenge at The Craft Barn is a year long creative challenge,
using a letter from the alphabet every two weeks as inspiration. 

The next letter (as it is not being done in alphabetical order) is
G
& we must include a definition of our chosen word.

I am making a set of Artist Trading Cards (ATCs) for this challenge.

I have chosen the word
Growth


Following my theme of Resilience for this year,
we should look for
& be learning something new from,
each & every day.

We should have a mindset of growth.


The words were cut from the same old book that I use as a resource for my work.


The definition is from an old pocket dictionary.

I have used an old family photograph & patterned paper by K & Company.

This ATC will have a place in my Art Journal for Week 12.

11 comments:

  1. I love this! What a clever way to show growth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The thumbnail alone had me smiling before I even got to your blog. The boys are wonderful. What a great word to choose with your idea behind it and then illustrated with a family photo of growth. I really love how your ATCs look.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant depiction of the word and the fact that you used a family photo makes the page extra special!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this. I love the images, the words and what you have written in your post about the ATC. Looking for something new to learn from each day is a great philosophy to have.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great illustration of the word - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great ATC. I love the way you have depicted your chosen word.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello. What a fabulous card. I like it and I like your message about trying to learn from each and every day

    ReplyDelete
  8. A great image to illustrate your word, love it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another fabulous ATC, thank you for entering The Craft Barn Challenge.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  10. A lovely ATC. I really admire how you are combining the challenge with the resilience theme xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely use of the old family photo making this a very special atc.

    ReplyDelete