Search this blog

18 September 2012

Steady work at the barre

Another page in my mini memory keeper album inspired by a challenge on Color Stories Inspiration.

This layout records my ballet exam at The Royal Academy of Dancing, whose motto is Salus et Felicitas, latin for Health & Happiness.


The case file notes for this challenge are below.


I used the brick wall image from case file no. 33, with a quick coat of pink wash. I added some graffiti by uplifting Dame Margot Fonteyn de Arias signature from my certificate, together with sketches of ballet dancers from the cover of my exam syllabus book.


I created a little pocket to hold my journaling & copies of the certificate & accompanying report. They are secured using ribbon.


Just pull on end of the ribbon to lift the papers out to read.


Sadly I don't have any photographs of me in my ballet outfit or of the day itself. It was a very exciting day, as the exam was held at The Royal Academy of Dancing in Knightsbridge in London. I can clearly remember the room & the upright piano. There were other girls taking their exam that day, but I did mine on my own. I also remember the uniformed soldiers in the barracks opposite. They looked very impressive.


No comments:

Post a Comment