Search this blog

19 September 2012

Royal Post

Another page in my mini memory keeper album inspired by a challenge on Color Stories Inspiration.

This layout records an event from 2006. I sent Queen Elizabeth II a handmade card for her 80th birthday & I was delighted when I received a thank you letter from Buckingham Palace, signed by her lady-in-waiting.


For this layout I used the Case File no. 26, details of which are shown below.


I only used elements provided, but tweaked them to include more relevant evidence of the event in question.


Postal stamps from the envelope & the coat of arms from the letterhead & below a copy of the letter.


I duplicated the layout background so that I could create a pocket on the bottom half of the page.


I made an envelope, which is secured in place by the crown seal.


It lifts out easily, so you can look inside.


Inside the envelope, is a miniature version of the card I sent.


Including the actual greeting printed inside.


This page sits perfectly beside my previous layout about The Royal Academy.