Search this blog

25 May 2010

The Language of Flowers

One of my favourite paper ranges is Brianna
designed by Brenda Walton for K & Company,
so I loved making this pair of altered matchboxes.


The first box uses the flower definitions on one of the papers as it's inspiration.


I added a glazed flower with words to the top of the cover.

Inside, I covered the printed butterfly & flower with Glossy Accents,
added green ribbon & a paper punched heart shape.

I added an extra heart to the bottom of the cover.


The second focuses on the simplistic beauty of the floral paper.


I tied green ribbon around the cover.

Inside, I added a glazed flower & butterfly cut out from the paper
& mounted with 3d foam.

I covered the green ribbon pattern with Glossy Accents
& added a few words.


The drawer handles are Hitch Fasteners by Tim Holtz.



6 comments:

  1. Wow, you've really got the matchbox vibe going on, haven't you? And they're superb! Such pretty papers you've chosen, and the embellishments are lovely. I've really gotta get some of those hitch fasteners - they're perfect for these boxes. What's your next theme going to be then?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute matchboxes daisy, I love those papers too xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am amazed to see this beautiful card. It really looks awesome. So cheery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are beautiful daisy - love that paper! LOve S xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your art, Daisy! If you're interested in the language of flowers, you might be interested in checking out my debut novel, FORGET-HER-NOTS, about the language of flowers come magically to life. It was just released this spring by Greenwillow/HarperCollins.

    Happy creating!

    -Amy
    www.amybrecountwhite.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. these are soooo cute daisy xx

    ReplyDelete