Search this blog

27 January 2010

I say ...

The challenge set by The Three Muses this week is to use a quotation in our project.

Inspired by this challenge, I made a digital collage based around an old sepia photograph of Sarah Bernhardt as a teenager taken by Felix Nadar.


"Your words are my food, your breath my wine
You are everything to me"
Sarah Bernhardt

The image used was offered as the first challenge on the Collage Obsession challenge blog.

In addition, I used the World Traveller digital kit by Sande Krieger from Two Peas in a Bucket. Sarah was born in Paris, so I thought the french elements of this digital kit were very appropriate. Please click on the image to enlarge to see all the details.

25 comments:

  1. Very perky jazz piano playing on your blog!! It brightened my afternoon.
    I love your picture and what you have done with the image, the original of which was very dark. I love the dusky pink of the dress and the lovely muted pieces which surround her. The whole effect is very beautiful. Great quote too!! Thanks so much, Daisy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woooooooooow really beautiful.
    Wonderful quote.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the background and image!! Great colours!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful blending of image and quote, Daisy. They come together for a beautiful piece. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this photo and the way that you turned it into a piece of beautiful art!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful , moody piece - what a wonderful quote!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful romantic piece! Wonderful creation!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful picture of Sarah, Daisy. I love the quote and the font it's written in.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great artwork, I special love the sepia colours and she is soooo beautiful, and the music in your blog made my day, thank you for that.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great collage... beautiful colours.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much for all your comments.

    daisy xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh what a romantic entry.
    Very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful collage, with a touch of passion in the quote!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful! A very romantic piece of art. I like your colouring and the slightly scratched look of the surface. Just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a beautiful piece of art!! love the soft colours and your use of quote and image!!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  16. Comment from: beis
    "Very beautiful, love the nostalgic feel of it."

    ReplyDelete
  17. Comment from: Java Girl
    "Absolutely Stunning. TFS"

    ReplyDelete