Search this blog

31 December 2009

Review of the Year

As 2009 draws to a close, it's time to look back to see what this year has meant to me. What did I learn? What new techniques did I try? What did I enjoy making?


SCRAPBOOKING
I have continued with scrapbooking, using photographs to create memory pages of special days &/or favourite images. My favourite page uses photographs taken in March on a lovely sunny morning by the coast.



DIGITAL COLLAGES
This year has mainly been a digital one. No inks, no paper, no mess to tidy up!
Self-taught, I have learnt how to create png images, how to manipulate & layer images, learnt how to adapt my own photographs to create digital stamps & so much more. I love most of the pieces I made. As always there are some I am not so happy with, but they were all part of the learning process.

My favourites are:-









I have also taken part in the Collage Play with Crowabout Flickr group challenges this year. I have enjoyed the challenge of bringing all the elements provided by Nancy Baumiller into a cohesive collage. For more information, please click here.

My favourite Crowabout collages are:-




GREETING CARDS
I struggled with cards this year, but I have four favourites. Loved for various reasons.

A Birthday card because it used my own photograph of daisies.


A card for my parent's Wedding Anniversary, because it took time & patience to make. Using decoupage & mixed media for a lovely textural card.



A Father's Day card taken from a digital collage, because it used old family treasures; photographs, postcards &
a fob watch inherited from my Great-Grandfather.


A Christmas card because it took inspiration a long time to arrive!
And I got very inky making it.


ARTIST TRADING CARDS
I've not made many ATCs this year. My favourites have to be Pumpkin & Aubergine enjoying Halloween. I enjoy decoupage; developing my own decoupage layers, the quiet time needed to cut out all the elements & ink the edges & finally, the dimensionality it gives to the finished card.


INCHIES & MOOS
I always enjoy making Inchies & Moos, because of their small size. I love my inchie alphabet set.


Sadly the Make a Moo challenge blog is on an extended break (I'm still optimistic that they will restart!). My favourite Moo is Looking Back, the Sarah Kay one. A very cute image & it was a labour of love to cut out all those small pieces.


ALTERED ART PROJECTS
My favourite altered art project has been the Christmas mandala, which was only made this month. I enjoyed adapting an old idea into a new project.


I think I will be making more of these throughout 2010 & I already have a stash of old cd's to use.

AND FINALLY
What will 2010 bring?

I have some blank canvases to play with & cds to alter. I am sure there will be more digital work, as it has brought me so much pleasure this year. And I must remember to make more inchies.