Search this blog

17 December 2009

Shabby Christmas Decoration

I've recently been organising my various craft areas & looking through past craft projects I've made.

One which I really enjoyed making was my Mandala, which can be seen here.

I decided to use some of the lovely Cosmo Cricket Christmas papers
to make a shabby Christmas flower decoration to hang up.


An old cd was covered in paper, front & back, then edged with a Krylon 18ct gold leafing pen.

I punched a hole through the top, using a Crop-a-dile, then added the ribbon.

The flower shapes (using templates from Inspire Me) were cut out,
then scrunched & edged in Distress Ink (peeled paint).

I drew black lines around the edges to give each flower definition,
then the layers were built up using Pinflair Glue Gel.


I added a gold coloured brad to the centre before securing to the cd base.

Being me, the reverse had to look as good as the front,
so I used a Cosmo Cricket chipboard greeting to secure the ribbon, using glue gel.


I cut freehand the holly leaves & made the berries using a small circle punch.

Edges were inked as before.