Search this blog

11 March 2009

Colouring Flower Soft

I  recoloured some Ivory Flower Soft, using alcohol inks, by decanting a little into three glass spice jars.

I added a few drops of Rangers Adirondack Alcohol ink into each one, stirring with a cocktail stick. As the alcohol ink dries quickly, the Flower Soft particles absorb different levels of ink, resulting in a mixed tone.

Here is the original colour, together with the three colours I made using Stream, Lettuce & Cranberry inks.



The coloured Flower Soft can be used on their own or you can mix your own blends.

5 comments:

  1. Great idea daisy - I think I have white Flower Soft - somewhere! - so will give this a go! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. brill idea - i also have some flower soft somewhere :O) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing this Daisy - a great idea and an excellent way to save money (especially during the current credit crunch!).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for this Daisy. I've just been out and bought some ivory flower soft. :-)

    ReplyDelete