Search this blog

25 May 2017

Index Card A Day 2017




ICAD  is the Index Card A Day creative challenge,
which runs for two months from 1st June,
(a week from today).

This will be the third year that I have taken part.

Last year I used Dina Wakley's two Art Journal books,
Art Journal Freedom
&
Art Journal Courage
by Northlight,
as my daily inspiration.

This year I will again be following my own prompts,
this time using

abstracts in acrylic & ink
by
Jodi Ohl


For me ICAD is the perfect excuse to open a new book
& explore it's hidden depths.

I aim to post my cards daily on Instagram,
but only publishing a blog post once a week.

If you are thinking of taking part,
below are the two videos I made
for 2016 & 2015
which I hope may inspire you to grab some cheap index cards
& join in this year,
whether you follow the "official" prompts or not,
join us in creating art every day.



It is all about the doing,
the daily practice of being creative in some way,
forming habits,
exercising those creative muscles
& having fun.



Are you going to join us?