Search this blog

04 July 2020

Pause for a Moment to Reflect

Week 27 in my
Mellow Kraft Journal
so this week I decided to do a summary of the year so far.


My word for 2020 is
Mellow.

I printed out a calendar from the Graphics Fairy,
to use as my colour palette each month.


When this year began,
we had no idea of the world pandemic
which was about to affect all our lives.

It has changed the world we live in,
changed our lives
& altered our futures.

I referenced the stages in my journal
subtly at first,
then ever more directly.

Each month I chose a further word as my focus,
from Japanese aesthetics & design principles.


January was
kintsugi
February was
fukinsei
March was
kanso
April was
seijaku
May was
yƫgen
June was
datsuzoku

I also followed the weekly journal prompts
by France Papillon.


This week the prompt was
talk to yourself

 So each weekly page became an amalgam of all these elements.

There are quotes, hidden words,
images & doodles.

Colour, shapes & patterns.

All this creates a journal,
which is very personal
& very meaningful to me.


In this moment I stop & pause
to reflect & absorb,
before moving forward again.

On this page
 are photo corners by Paperchase,
printed text,
doodles with a Sakura Pigma pen,
words cut from an old novel,
a Paper Doll by Tim Holtz
 & washi tape.