Search this blog

09 October 2018

Art Jar: Sacred Space

Week six of  Art Jar Self - Edition
had prompts & inspiration from Eliza
about the importance of finding our own
sacred space.


I included one of my photographs from Instagram
with a quotation from Daniell Koepke.


The flower image from The Graphics Fairy,
together with a word definition from an old dictionary.


The image below is taken from a photograph
I took a couple of years ago,
which I use as my wallpaper on my iPhone & iPad.

Each time I see this image
it takes me back to the place
where the photograph was taken.

A constant reminder to pause & breathe.


The library card image is from Cloth Paper Scissors.

On the reverse side is a quotation by Ralph Waldo Emerson,
which is by Hot Off The Press,
together with the small tag on the previous page.


I used DecoArt Americana acrylic paint
(Blue Neon & Pink Neon)
mixed with Daler-Rowney Gesso Primer
(White)
for the background.

I used Faber-Castell Watercolour pencils
around the edges, to add my doodles
& my handwriting.

There is also Tim Holtz Design Tape,
recycled packaging,
photo corners from Paperchase
& printed text.

My sacred space
is the place
where I spend time
creating my art pieces.

This is my special place.

This is where I am me,
where I can just be,
nurturing my soul,
replenishing my spirit,
where I am.